Intersection Theory (Winter Semester 2013/14)
The lecture will be
take place once a week at Humboldt Universität (Rudower
Monday 11:15 - 12:45
An exercise session will be organized by Emre Sertöz.
The plan is to cover the following topics:
1) Chow groups
2) Intersection products and moving lemma
3) Vector bundles and Chern classes
4) Degeneracy loci, Grassmannians and Porteous' Formula
5) Excess intersections and blowups
6) The Grothendieck-Riemann-Roch Theorem
The theory is very rich in concrete examples and I will present
many of them along the way. I will manly follow the new book
of Eisenbud and Harris "3264 & all that" but Fulton's book
"Intersection theory" will be used as well.
The main prerequisite is a basic course on algebraic geometry
(at the level of "Undergraduate Algebraic Geometry" by Miles
also being familiar with coherent sheaves and their cohomology
the language of schemes.