Postdoc, Nonlinear Algebra group
Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik in den Naturwissenschaften
Inselstrasse 22, Room F3 13,
04103 Leipzig, DE.
Tel.: +49 (0) 341 9959 784
I am a Postdoc in the Nonlinear Algebra group at the Max-Planck-Institut for Mathematics in the Sciences.
My mentor is Prof. Dr. Bernd Sturmfels.
Before, I was a PhD student in the group of algebraic geometry at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
My advisor was Prof. Dr. Gavril Farkas.
A copy of my CV is here
I work in Algebraic Geometry and Algebraic Statistics.
I am particularly interested in syzygies of projective varieties, such as abelian surfaces or K3 surfaces.
Recently I am also investigating a relation between statistics and abelian varieties.
Publications and preprints
- D.Agostini. Asymptotic syzygies and higher order embeddings. ArXiv.
- D.Agostini, C. Améndola Discrete Gaussian distributions via theta functions. ArXiv.
- D.Agostini, A. Küronya, V. Lozovanu. Higher syzygies on surfaces with numerically trivial canonical bundle. ArXiv.
- D.Agostini. A note on homogeneous ideals of polarized abelian surfaces . Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 49 (2017), 220-225. ArXiv.
- D.Agostini, D. Alberelli, F. Grande, P. Lella. The maximum likelihood degree of Fermat
hypersurfaces, Journal of Algebraic Statistics, vol. 6 (2015), 108-132. ArXiv.
- Giornate di Geometria Algebrica ed Argomenti Correlati XIV, Università di Genova. May 29 - June 1, 2018.
- Seminar on Nonlinear Algebra, MPI-Mis. Discrete Gaussian distributions via theta functions. April 25, 2018.
- Statistics Seminar, Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo. Discrete Gaussian distributions via theta functions. April 5, 2018.
- Statistics Seminar, University of Tokyo. Discrete Gaussian distributions via theta functions. April 2, 2018.
- Current topics on algebraic statistics and related fields, University of Kobe. Discrete Gaussian distributions via theta functions. March 7, 2018.
- Oberseminar Algebra, Universität Augsburg. Asymptotic syzygies, Hilbert schemes of points and higher order embeddings. January 30, 2018.
- Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Stony Brook University. Asymptotic syzygies and higher order embeddings. October 16, 2017.
- Oberseminar Complex Algebraic Geometry, Philipps-Universität Marburg. Asymptotic syzygies and higher order embeddings (on surfaces). July 18, 2017.
- Research Seminar Algebraic Geometry, Leibniz Universität Hannover. Equations of algebraic surfaces with trivial canonical bundle. February 20, 2017.
- Algebraic Geometry and Representation Theory in Rome, Università "La Sapienza" Roma. On syzygies (of abelian surfaces). December 22, 2016.
- IRTG 1800 Student Conference, Universiteit Leiden. On syzygies (of abelian surfaces). September 3, 2016.
- GAGA Seminar, Universiteit Utrecht. Syzygies of abelian surfaces. July 5, 2016.
- Séminaire de Théorie des Nombres, Université de Caen. Syzygies of abelian surfaces, June 17, 2016.
- Research Seminar in Algebraic Geometry, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Asymptotic syzygies of algebraic varieties. January 28, 2015.
- Research Seminar in Algebraic Geometry, Universität des Saarlandes. Asymptotic syzygies of algebraic varieties. July 22, 2014.
- Poster presentation at AGNES, Northeastern University. Asymptotic syzygies and higher order embeddings. October 14, 2017
- Poster presentation at the School (and Workshop) on Syzygies, Università di Trento. Asymptotic syzygies and spanned line bundles. September 7, 2017.