with Moodle for this class.
and R.H. Fox: Introduction to Knot Theory, Springer 1963
(electronically available in library - you have to use HU-VPN!)
2. W.B.R. Lickorish: An Introduction to Knot Theory, Springer
3. G.Burde, H.Zieschang, M.Heusener: Knots. De Gruyter 2014
4. M.A.Armstrong: Basic Topology. Springer 1983 (electronically
5. Ch. Livingston: Knot Theory. MAA 1993 (electronically available,
also in German)
6. V.V. Prasolov, A.B. Sossinsky: Knots, Links, Braids and 3-Manifolds.
AMS 1991 (electronically availabe)
7. C.C. Adams: On Knots, AMS 2004 (no electronic version available)
8. C. Kassel, O.Dodane, V. Turaev: Braid Groups, Springer 2008
There are many more (have a look in the library catalogue).
There is a class on 3-Manifolds by Marc Kegel which is
closely related to Knot theory!
05/06 Knots: Definition, Examples (also pathological ones), Links
(Lit.: 1., 2., 3.,5.) Todoulou
05/13 Knot diagrams (definition and existence), Reidemeister moves
(including proofs) (1., 2., 3., 5.) Huneshagen
of knot invariants. Bridge and unknotting numbers (short discussion).
Linking number. Tricolourability (definition, proof of
invariance)(internet research) Gerlach
05/27 Knot polynomials (combinatorial definition of Alexander-Conway
polynomial (and possibly the Jones polynomial)) Dawid
06/03 Seifert surfaces (Proof of existence). Genus of a knot,
additivity under knot sums, prime decompositon of knots (3., 4., 5.) Levinson
06/10 Fundamental group (definition, group axioms), fundamental group
of a circle Mousseau
06/17 Knot group (representation of the fundamental group of the knot
complement via knot diagrams) Đukić
06/24 Cyclic coverings
and the commutator subgroup of the knot group Mohnke
07/01 Fibered knots/links El Agami
07/08 Universal cyclic coverings, geometric definition of the Alexander
07/22 Braid groups, Bureau representation and the Alexander-Conway Polynomial (8.) Maravall
last changes: Thu, July 22, 7:05 p.m.